Wednesday, October 17, 2007

a question of science?

Last night I saw a Discovery Channel special on "The Search for Noah's Ark". I love that kind of history/myth stuff because its just that; unsolved. Not unlike Unsolved Mysteries starring Robert Stack. His film noir trench coat always made it seem like he was in the thick of it; and I, with him.

Back to the point, the hour-long special noted many geological findings, creationist psychobabble (as they put it) and evolutionists facts (as they put it). They actually gave more credit to a meteorite theory for a flood than an actual, God-sized miracle. I'm not going to debate facts or theories, though some are absurd, intriguing or just funny. I would like to point out that the so-called "liberal" view of this account and most biblical accounts are in fact very conservative and restrained in what they allow to be possible (and therefore, true in their opinion). It would be a much more liberal (all-inclusive view) and quite liberating to actually believe that these wondrous and hard to imagine stories/miracles could have actually happened. I suppose I would just rather not hear people associate secular world views with a liberality that only comes from looking at all possibilities; no matter how skeptical we want to be.

But I digress.

The truth is out there.

(cue the music)

(roll the credits)

(and cut)