Monday, October 15, 2007

in one widget, out the other

The first time I heard the term widget my conscience immediately streamed Star Wars...Ewok...The Battle for Endor...Willford Brimley...Quaker Oats...and for some reason I feel the urge to check my blood sugar. (Thanks Liberty Medical) I seemed to be mistaken at the time, but now have a firm grip on all the concepts of widgetry, both for good and evil, however asinine their uses may be. I can now successfully bounce a ball on my screen without ever having to worry about my rotator cuff injury from the '89 playoffs. It was then I decided never to pitch for the Cubs again; stupid Giants, you think you're sooo big and bad. For the record Don Zimmer does not look any better in person, but Ryne Sandberg does.

Would I be wrong in assuming that their is such a thing as a Nidget? And would it be way cooler with more street cred than it's faux-urban counterpart? If so, it's the Nidget for me.

It should be noted that I'm working on a "little application" (my designated p.c. term for widget) for an unnamed cruise line as my debut project in the working world. I have written a little song and dance to go along with my crash course in the travel industry. It shall be posted later this week for your enjoyment.

In other news, I had four shows in three days last week. They went well. So well in fact that I will post a link to download the Eddie's Attic show in it's entirety soon enough.

In the meantime, here's some amazing stop-motion animation for the purists out there:
Verde: Traviata

Moviekiss (The Lite Brite Video)