Monday, October 8, 2007

"I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship"

First week; done.

Second week; give me a week to get it done.

Even though I've only been here for 5 days and 3 hours, it seems like I've been here for 11 days and 6 hours. The first day seemed like 2 days. Then the second day, when Marta made me get off the train and reroute on the northbound to go southbound and I was fearing a head on collision and picturing a train escape not unlike The Fugitive, it seemed like 3 days. But the third day everyone in the office left early to go drinking when the internet went down. That seemed like only a day. But then when everyone came back the next day it started seeming like two days; making a total of...oh, well if you want to see it I have it written down in my journal.

If you are confused at this point drop everything and watch The Jerk with Steve Martin.

This account is my transition period from design school (where chaos reigns and paper schedules are shredded in only creative ways like Chinese throwing stars or feeding the neighborhood goat, while the all-to corporate paper shredder is shunned) to a more normal existence of being awake in the daylight and asleep in the twilight. Not to be in conflict with my sure-to-be many Alaskan and Arctic readers. A month worth of night is certainly worth a month of day. I'll call my senator tomorrow. We shouldn't overlook the inalienable rights of extreme northerners to have a balance of light and dark. Though oversleeping would have a whole new set of excuses. "Umm...my pet polar bear didn't wake me up...the nerve of Steve; not waking me up when I specifically told him 7:45. And what's worse, he still blames it on the sun. You gotta own up to your mistakes is all I'm saying."

Disclaimer: The claims of this blogcast do not necessarily reflect those of the station or it's owners...so I might be in a hostage crisis, forced daily to write about how amazing Avenue-A Razorfish is treating me. Only you can follow the clues and decipher the hidden message to find the truth. Even now I risk being seditiously beat8o7=/.'! @(+2 ? =3. . ... ..